Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Miracle of Crowdfunding: UPDATE 5 - Miracle of Crowdfunding overall marketing package (10/07/2014)


An overview on the larger crowdfunding campaign package I have envisioned.

Also included are new drafts of new scripts...

New scripts, new drafts

You can view the scripts by clicking on the links.

The Miracle of Crowdfunding - A Masters Campaign Film - 8th draft

Very similar to the 6th draft we were last shooting from, I have altered a couple of things to clarify the remaining points I was unsure of before.


A Box, a Door, a Journey - A Masters Campaign Teaser - 3rd draft

This is moulded after the trailer below and the final cut will aim to be about the same length. 



I am also going to edit a 20 second micro teaser from it.


The Miracle Realised - A Masters Campaign Conclusion - 1st draft

A short epilogue to tie the campaign up. The basic idea is present, it just needs a bit of polishing. Once I have shot the PRE-FILMED CLIP mentioned in the script I will be in a better position to see the shape of the overall thing. 

With the bit where I am running/climbing up round hill I am thinking along the lines of (3:34 - 4:13)...



Crossed with the climb out of the pit in The Dark Knight Rises.

At any rate, we can start shooting material for this piece.



The overall video marketing plan - it's much simpler than it looks!


A Box, a Door, a Journey - A Masters Campaign Teaser
  • 1 minute teaser
  • Will also construct a 20-30 second Micro teaser from it to proceed it. Therefore, the sooner we get the material for this shot, the better!


The Miracle of Crowdfunding - A Masters Campaign Film

  • May even edit two versions of this:
    • Epically Uncut Version as indicated in the script
    • A Comfortably Concise Version to suit people with short attention spans.

The Miracle Realised - A Masters Campaign Conclusion
  • Have a look at the script.


Stings x30

  • Micro 20-30 second ads.
  • Assembled from material from the other videos.
  • Each will be themed for the day it is released on, e.g. 29 days to go, 28 days to go, 27 days to go and in relation any other content that gets released on that day (see below). 



If the teaser, main film and stings set up the main points, then the videos that follow are the elaborations...



Crowdfunding University - The Example of the Miracle of Crowdfunding 

Why am I crowdfunding my masters?

Filming location: Newton Park
Length: under 10 minutes.

This will be a simple static camera shot with me sat in front of the camera with you asking some pre-determined questions.

Later I will take that footage and cut in anything else that is relevant. Simple.



Crowdfunding Incentives - The Perks of the Miracle of Crowdfunding

What YOU can get out of this campaign

Filming location: Pete's room.
Length: under 10 minutes.

I can probably do this one on my own. In addition to explaing the concept of crowdfunding perks, I will outline the various perks that donators can invest in for my campaign and what they will receive in return. 

I am planning on making some of the sting videos focus on an individual perk.

However, I am still finalising my perks, so this one can wait.



Crowdfunding Potential - The Dream of the Miracle of Crowdfunding

Thinking radically requires you to take risks. How did this all start?
Filming location: University of Bath

This one is going to require a little more effort. This one should feel more like a micro-documentary and character study. In it, I am going to tell the story of how, one year ago (25/07/2013 - I think) on a day when I was very lost, I went for a very long walk, ended up at the University of Bath, sat in front of its lake, for a very long while, and made the decision to go all in with my larger post university aspirations, no matter how hard or terrifying it was - true story.

I even have some footage that I shot on that fateful day.

I was thinking:
  • go up to the university
  • sit me in the same spot I sat last year. 
  • film me in one shot telling the story
  • then determine what other shots we need to acquire to give it some poetic illustration.
Again, this one will be pretty simple.



Crowdfunding Uncovered - The Research of the Miracle of Crowdfunding:

How I came to understand crowdfunding.
Filming location: Bristol, Park Street area
Length: under 10 minutes

I was thinking:

  • Film a static interview with me sat down. 
  • Ask me predetermined questions.
  • I provide answers explaining my research AND why it was necessary for me to come to Bristol
  • Grab some shots of the everyday city hustle and bustle. The University of Bristol is up there as well, so we'll be able to inject a bit of academia. Again visualising what I am talking about.
  • Maybe even do a bit of Vox Pox to back up points I make if necessary. They'll be plenty of people to talk to.
  • Edit it all together.


Crowdfunding Goal - The Masterplan of the Miracle of Crowdfunding
Why am I taking my masters and what are my eventual aims?

Filming location: 
Bath city centre - that park next to the weir
Length: under 10 minutes

Me sat statically in front of camera while you asked me some pre-determined questions. Cut in any other relevant footage later on.

We can shoot this video on the same day that we shoot the next one.



The Making of the Miracle of Crowdfunding, 
Part 1: Making a Masters Campaign Package
Why does this crowdfunding campaign need to operate outside the box?

Location: Bath Weir
Length: under 10 minutes

Just have been explaining the reasoning behind this massively intricate campaign package. I want to do it at the weir, because that is where I shot EYES and EYES was a web series concept proposal package; whereas this is a crowdfunding campaign package. 

Therefore, I can use images of the weir and the EYES project to illustrate what I am doing with this entire campaign package.

It's beautiful and all connected!


The Making of the Miracle of Crowdfunding,
Part 2: Re-making a Masters Campaign Film

Location: Room
Length: 10 minutes

Me sat in front of camera answering predetermined questions in which I will outline the highly unconventional process of making the campaign film. Cut in any relevant imagery later on.


The Miracle of Crowdfunding - A Masters Campaign Film - Reflective Commentary

Just the film with a commentary track.


The Bloopers of the Miracle of Crowdfunding - ditto

The Unused Material of the Miracle of Crowdfunding - ditto


This final video is a maybe at the moment...

The Masters is a go... - A Masters Campaign Coda

A 2-3 minute piece that would act as a tease for my Masters course and lead in for The Masters of Crowdfunding - the crowdfunding campaign for my second year that I have already started to think about. 

It would involve popping over to corsham, grabbing a few shots of where I will be studying and a short scene with myself.

But, we'll see. Hell, we could even shoot this while the campaign is running.

The reason why I have adjusted the script and created all of this new material is so that the WHOLE campaign feels like one inter-connected piece that will further be extended upon and even more so inter-connected with the next crowdfunding campaign.

Photographs

We need to take loads and loads and loads of photographs that I can use to put text on as forms of extra promotion!



miracleofcrowdfunding.com - there is a website!

I spent a good chunk of today putting together a wordpress blog that can act as the main/hub/blog for the campaign and link it up with the campaign page on student funder.

I am doing this for the four following reasons: 


  • It hasn't actually taken me that long to set up.
  • I need to learn how to use wordpress.
  • It means I can generate more content to promote the campaign. In addition to the video posts, I am going to aim to post a very short blog post for each of the 30 days of the campaign. 
  • It can remain as a record of the project and all of its materials: it can be added to the old portfolio and can be used as an example of my potential and how others can go about mounting a crowdfunding campaign.


The point of the package potential empower potential

The package is being built to give me something to keep promoting me, my degree and why you should crowdfund me, but it also backs up something I say in the film:

I want to help other to achieve their potential.

as much as these materials will exists to endorse me, they will equally exist as a guide in how to go about orchestrating your on crowdfunding campaign and achieving your potential!


It's just occurred to me that I can re-post all of this on the Miracle of Crowdfunding site - this is what I am talking about!


No comments: