Friday 6 February 2015

Ways of Being: A Dissertation Proposal Presentation

If frame rates over 40 so directly mimic human visual perception does this mean cinema will stop being an impression and become more of a representation of reality?

This is the original proposal presentation I pitched for my award-winning theoretical dissertation, Ways of Being: The Spectator and the Spectacle, that I orchestrated as part of my BA (Hons) in Film and Screen Studies.

The presentation builds on my rational and literature review for my dissertation and also includes some interesting insights into higher frame rates, our perception of reality and the potentials of new cinema technologies.



It was only after I had received a first for my literature review and this presentation that I began to realise that I probably did have a strong dissertation topic.



You can view the slides for the presentation below...


No comments: