Friday 6 February 2015

The Narrative and Formulaic Approaches of Harold Lloyd


The Glass character was a much more realistic and grounded approach to screen comedy, opposed to the personas of the other comics.

In this presentation I consider whether the narrative approaches of Harold Lloyd create a formulaic approach to silent comedy. This presentation originally comprised one part of a much larger group presentation that also focused on Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton and Laurel & Hardy. However, I have only included my section of the presentation here, which still works as a self-contained argument. 

I researched and hosted this presentation for one of the second year assignments of my BA (Hons) in Film and Screen Studies in 2012. Ultimately, it was awarded a first.  



Additionally, this presentation was produced as part of a larger portfolio of work I had to submit and which was additionally comprised of Slapstick Comedy: A Critical Book Analysis and The Two Hearts of Girl Shy: A Critical Film Review.




You can view the slides for the presentation below...


No comments: