Friday 7 November 2014

The Miracle of Crowdfunding: UPDATE 9 - Projects and details... (07/11/2014)

Okay,

I am not going to get into specifics, because we'll be here all day (although, I nearly did)

Suffice to say I now have the focus of the documentary and the web series figured.

They both come to me at the same time and right when I am bogged down by overtime and trying to get a book written.

However, I have started to outline the limited-run web series, I will write the actual scripts in January onwards when I actually have time.

I am also putting together a rough version of the documentary proposal and working hypothesis.

Anyway, if you want a few more details on these, then read the BIME post I put in the Facebook group.

So the idea is...

- Film crowdfunding pitch video for The Dissertation Rises.

- The start filming bits and pieces of the Breaking Cinema documentary (that's it's definite working title now and I'm sticking with a feature length for the time being) we'll spread this out throughout the year, there is no rush.

- Later in the year, once I have the scripts in good shape, get started on the limited-run Web Series and shoot it all in one go. The idea is by then we will have built up a network and larger awareness that we can leverage from filming the documentary.

- Somewhere amongst all of this I will do The Miracle of Crowdfunding if indeed I do decide to do my masters in September.

I don't where your projects are at (but seriously stop wasting your time!), but I'm sure we can work everything around everything else.

What I need from you:

GET. YOUR. WORK. DONE!

On time and do not waste anymore time.

Seriously, Christmas is a prime time to get your research done and to plan out the rest of the year.

Addison ally and vastly more important in the grand scheme of things, start putting a definite plan together for your post Uni situation: job, accommodation and getting your finances in order.

Get in the habit of being proactive with your finances, a bit like forcing yourself to do two sodding months of full-time work in order to pay back a student overdraft you should ideally have paid back the year before.

Be under no illusion - when you graduate things are going to burn!

Finally, I am more than likely not coming over in Bath until January. 

You are free to send me any questions or work you want me to have a look at.

Split up that planning portfolio and get the finance section done (no excuses) look at the one in my planning portfolio.

Lit review - ditto.

I'll be in touch.

No comments: