Friday 5 September 2014

P.S. a short film script

This script was originally written for the Planning and Making a Film module I undertook in the penultimate year of my BA (Hons). The module's practice was undertaken between October 2011 and June 2012 and it provided me with a hugely enriching experience. For a more detailed over of the module and the projects I undertook as a part of it, see Planning and Making a Film: The student filmmaking experience.

The writing of the script was a very unique experience, as (aside from a bit of post-polishing) I wrote the script completely stream-or-conciousness in a single sitting. Certainly, I think this freewriting style comes across in the subject matter and the pace of the script. 

The script was written for the script submission element of the Planning and Making a Film module. 

For more on the development of this script, see Developing a Script, Part 2: Rough Draft - P.S.




Ultimately, I elected not to redraft this for my final submission and settled on another script idea, that went on to be a script that grew some legs within the module: Developing a Script, Part 3:  Submission - Busybody

No comments: